Blog on the Tyne at the Spurs match

By Lee Ryder on Apr 19, 09 09:00 AM

Blog on the Tyne was watching as Darren Bent condemned Newcastle United to defeat at White Hart Lane.

Spurs took all three points as the Toon failed to cause Tottenham any major problems, and United must now face the real possibility of dropping out of the Premier League.

Click below to read my live report from the match and replay the banter with the fans as we tried to stay positive despite the blow of the 1-0 loss.

M. Sebastian T. said:

Looking at fixtures it seems to me that Toon will survive but only just. WBA are gone and both Boro and Hull will perhaps get no more than 1 point each. Two wins will do it (probably versus Boro and Pompey) with loss to Fulham plus the remaining away games. Look forward to 36 points and a big sigh of relief, and thanking Sunderland for doing Hull in twice.

stu eglon said:

sorry ,but is it me or does know one else think nicky butt is a waste of space?

londontoon said:

hmmmm i'm not looking a the table again till the season is over. i'm not interested anymore in the points and positions i'm just interested in staying up and i still think we will..

Tad Caster said:

"sorry ,but is it me or does know one else think nicky butt is a waste of space?"

I do. And Nolan. And Ryan Taylor. Guthrie should've been on.

We finished with a better formation than we started. Big mistake to start that way.

Can't blame Coloccini or Shola for this one.

Davy Ferguson said:

I honestly think we have had it 7 the loss of points at Spurs have made no difference to an already hopeful situation.

The pundits on Sky & MOTD as well as Shearer keep going onabout how we will survive if we win our home games, but we have only won 4 home games all season so I find it hard to believe we will win 3 out of 3.

I really hope the lads prove me wrong & will be there every kick of the way.

Davy

Mick Gilroy said:

I agree with the last comment, how can we win 3 in a row at home when we have only won 4 at home all season? In all honesty we have been down and out for a few weeks, only the fact it is still mathematically possible to stay up are giving everyone false hope.

Look at yesterdays game against Spurs,from the very first minute there was nothing to suggest we would not get beat, I was only surprised it was not be a lot higher margin. Where was the fight, effort and commitment?? In reality Shearer has made no difference whatsover, despite all the positive noises in the local press about the changes he has made etc, etc. We still look like a very poor side with dodgy defenders, a pedestrian midfield,no pace absolutely anywhere and an absolute hopeless strike force (and that includes all 6 availalbe srikers). Where are goals going to come from in order to win these three home matches and less face it we have been beaten at home by teams just as bad,if not worse as Pompey,Fulham and Boro.

brian from durham said:

Anyone else note the smirking Ashley at half time, when his favourite team were beating the club he is lumbered with.