What time is it? FIVE past Sunderland

By Lee Ryder on Oct 31, 10 08:47 PM

Kevin Nolan

As derbies go, this one will be right up there with the best of them.

The same pages of Geordie folklore that contain chapters for stars like Liam O'Brien, Emre, Scott Sellars, David Kelly, Andy O'Brien, Alan Shearer and Peter Beardsley to name but a few, Shola Ameobi updated his own section and was joined by super Kevin Nolan in a 5-1 win that well and truly put Sunderland in their place.

Chris Hughton's position had been put under the spotlight this week as questions and stick have not been in short supply.

Well Hughton answered those critics.

And so did his team.

And if TalkSport pundit Jason Cundy had have ventured north of Watford Gap to come up and experience it, he'd have known just why the Toon Army are the best at what they do as the Geordie public raised the roof at St James' Park.

Newcastle's fans in Cundy's opinion, are not that "special" but even Londoner Hughton, a veteran of Arsenal-Spurs derbies aplenty, admitted he'd never experienced anything quite like it with United in full control and crusing at 5-0.

By the time Bent had scored at the death, nobody cared and many of the Sunderland fans had long since departed their seats.

As days in the office go, they don't come any better than this.

WHAT ARE YOUR VIEWS ON THE DERBY DEMOLITION JOB BY HUGHTON'S STARS?

Scooby Toon said:

Revenge is best served with a 5-1 hammering at SJP. I must admit thats been coming to the mackems since the end of the 2008-2009 season I think it's our turn to laugh at them now. If Mike Cahley fails to give CH a new contract then he really is an idiot just like that other prat that know's nowt about football up here Jason Cundy.

toonagain said:

Brilliant! we were almost playing 4-3-3 this is what we need to do at home every game; play with passion and confidence and a set up that reflects these qualaties from the start.

we need to now play the next game like this, the job isn't done and we can't sit back now...

well done lads!

Relton said:

Lee - is it true ????????
Steve Bruce has applied for the position of Hughton's number two ????

LoL

LN2Mag said:

As promised, here is my reply to a certain Mackem, M.Sebastian.T who spouted so much drivel in his comment on Friday's Blog on the Tyne. Well done you almost got the score right but to the wrong team, you said 1- 4, how about 5 -1 too the right team? You almost got the sendings off right, you said Carroll and Barton, how about Bramble? and you were very lucky to finish the game with 10 men, the only reason there wasn't another sending off is the ref felt sorry for you. You also stated how well Titus Bramble was playing, I said it will be only a matter of time before he makes another absolute howler, what a time to do it! I also said when we win on Sunday, I will not hear from you, but I will be back on here with my comments. I think you will find I was right on all points. LOL & LALAS.

Restless Native said:

M Sebastien T ... where are you?

No more predictions?

1-4 to Sunderland. Barton and Carroll sent off wasn't it?

Come out to play man. Ha'way. We'll be gentle.

wadeydurham said:

Hey Lee, I read this - you might like it.

Sunderland FC has yet to explain why there were no supporters left in the stands after half time and hardly any players on the pitch, despite the brave attempt of Titus Bramble to stay on and play ball with his old mates.
Commenting afterwards, Steve Bruce, reminding our reporter that he is himself a Toon fan said, "All ah cud see at Wallsend was Kevin blinkin Nolan."

Sunderland city council are reported to be discussing plans to paint the town black - and white.

Report by Georgie Tyne

wadeydurham said:

I heard that the NUFC supporters' club made a formal complaint to the Sunderland FC suggesting: "It's not right. We practice mockin' the mackems all year and there's not a one to be foond."

Report by Georgie Tyne

belter99 said:

Sunderland - The Wagner of the Premier League. How the hell are they still in it?

Saint Sid James said:

What an interesting game it was. Most importantly I was very glad to see that my park is still in good condition. The awful sign reminding people who plays there is rather overbearing, but otherwise the place looks quite nice. The Newcastle boys did very well but I do hope that Nolan will stop trying to fly when he scores a goal. He has no chance of actually taking off unless he flaps his wings a lot faster but that probably will give him a heart attack. Given that the half-time pies was the still the highlight as during the last fifty years, I'm not too sure when I'll go to a game again. On balance I think the gut guys in the stand did better than Nolan, so:

Carry on Belly Dancing Newcastle fansd.

Happy "crowing" you Magpie fans because you might well get shot sooner than you can imagine.

M. Sebastian T. said:

Well I'm back so as not to disappoint my Mupie fans. For the coming weekend my prediction is that Arsenal will set a Premier League single match goal scoring record of 12-1.

Have you come off the beer enough this week to know that you will be facing them again? There was exteme statistics at play and you just got luck last Sunday!

PamplonaJmay said:

Sorry I haven't been keeping up to date. Does anyone know the score from last weekend? Saint Sid James, you sound like you were there, M Sebastian T c'mon, help us out here...

spence said:

I wrote this rhyme for the mackems on this thread:

5under1and

If Krul had just dropped on the ball

If only Shola scored one more

Wait
 what am I complaining for?
When 5-1 was the final score!

There was trepidation and anticipation
As the mackems came to the Geordie nation
But the match turned out a real sensation
And the scum ran back to central station

The best eleven mackems picked
We jeered the clowns upon our pitch
Slack jawed fools thought, ‘this is it!’
Before we tore their team to bits

We all cheered Nolan’s ‘1-2-3’
His chicken dance now legendary
Shola’s shout was ‘two for me’
Stripped mackem’s of their dignity

Steve Bruce’s boys got not a kick
Wor Chiek and Joe outplayed the pr**ks
The mackem fans all sloped home sick
As we urged Andy, ‘Make it six!’

But it sadly wasn’t meant to be
Well
we’d won the game by half time tea
But five against these travesties
Was enough for the majority

And the sight of Bramble bumbling round
The rapture that went round the ground
When sent off for taking Carroll down
To remind him how a real crowd sounds

Now though the game has come and gone
We’re still shouting loud, ‘5-1!’
Their ‘dominance’ one season long
We’re the north east’s number one!

So what now for the red and whites?
Hope for revenge at the stadium of light?
Well we hope you put up more of a fight
But let’s face it scum- your team are s***e!

(Additional verses welcome)
Let's all laugh at 5under1and!